Curriculum for the First Session – After the English Liturgy
7th-8th and High School are separate
“Let the little children come to me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14
St. Nicholas Church School’s education program provides age appropriate curriculum and faithful enthusiastic individuals to teach our students; preparing them with the principles of the Orthodox faith, and encouraging them to grow in God’s service. In Church School, we demonstrate the content of Orthodox faith in a Christian living framework by teaching and practicing the following:
- Knowing our faith: learn the principles of Orthodox faith (Candles, Icons, Holy days, Fasting, Baptism, Communion, Confession, Holy Unction , Orthodox Marriage and other sacraments)
- Loving God: learn about the loving God, and how to share his love (People will know you are a Christian when you treat others with love).
- Sharing God’s World: learn how people in families should treat each other with love and share with each other; share in Church, and with the world.
- Growing with God: learn Bible stories and participate in Divine Liturgy. We grow as we learn God’s word, and we grow through fasting and prayer.
- God calls us to faith: we all struggle with our faith, to know what God wants for our lives. We teach our kids how faith helps us to improve at the things we do and to try without fear. How faith gives us courage to use our strengths and to help other people.
We invite all children to participate in Sunday School every Sunday during regular school year (between September and June).